Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Lithium Ion v's Lithium Polymer vs' what's new

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclearg

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2001
I have an application that requires some thought. We currently use a 7.4V (8.4V peak, 5.5V cut-off) 2400mAh Lithium Ion battery pack with PCB (IC protection) in our product.
My main problem is that the life cycle of the battery is 300-500 cycles and as it is currently molded into the product, there is a major remanufacture issue when the battery is beyond it's lifecycle.
What I would like would be a battery tray with a seperate battery, not unlike a mobile phone/battery set up. This would allow my clients to have two (or more) batteries and just swap them over when a recharge is needed. Is there a manufacture of such component packages?
Any help greatly received.
G.

Why do some things seem so plausible at the time ............and yet so idiotic in retrospect?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks I'll have a look at them. I was kind of hoping that I could find a manufacturer that made off the shelf tray's and batteries, save me some cost as we are not a particularly high qty user.
G.

Why do some things seem so plausible at the time ............and yet so idiotic in retrospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back