Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

live load computation for bridges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to learn live load calculation for bridge design. Is there any book or website I can browse and see a step by step approach.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
Generally the live load calculations are based on type of analysis (Approx methods or Plate analysis etc) and corresponding codal previsions. And also now day’s most of the bridge analysis is doing using software’s. in that case “ if you are using hi-end elements like plate, there is no much of difficult to finding out live load” anyway if you are expecting examples you may get details from Design of Bridge Engineers by Dr.Jonson Victor” and also you refer for more details for Bridge loads on varies international code in on of the Research Engineers Product STAAD.beava” Regards,
Sreedhar

i have found this problem myself. with modern computer software, it is rare to find references. however, i have one absolutely excellent example:
"Bridge Design for the Civil and Structural Professional Engineering
Exams" by Robert H. Kim, MSCE, PE and Jai B. Kim, Phd, PE
I am not sure where you can get a copy. i ordered my copy through local inter-library loan. go to the library of congress to find out more info on the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back