LNG STORAGE TANK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy11

Mechanical
Mar 8, 2009
DZ
Hi,
Can we use API 620 and BS EN 14620 together for LNG full containment storage tank design?
In the past, we used to design internal steel tank with API 620 and external concrete tank with BS 7777.
BS 7777 has been replaced by BS EN 14620 and this latest code includes also design of internal steel tank.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

LNG mega tank business is more than the mentioned codes ,there are a few companies that capable for the design and they have in house specification and details.

Can you be more specific for your question and provide more details?

You may also look with searching past threads ..One of them; thread1452-464525

Thank you HTURKAK.
We had the opportunity to work with IHI, JGC for the EPC projects including LNG and LPG storage tanks.
My company wants to built a 150 000 M3 LNG storage tank and a 70 000 M3 LPG storage tank.
Do we have to specify the codes for the design of these tanks or we keep the EPC contractor selecting the codes?

Your respond implies that you are client's engineer and your internet country domain is DZ. If so,

My opinion is that , the client should not deeply involve in the design decisions but provide requirements .

If i were in your shoes, i would ;

- Provide performance requirements ,

- Provide factual report for geotechnical, climate ..

- Provide a seismic risk assessment report ( OBE , SSE eq levels...),

- Consider the using of seismic dampers ,

- Lay -out requirements, suitability for future expansion ( keep in mind LNG business will expand probably for 100 yrs) and local material use where ever possible,

- I would go with API 620, API 625 and ACI rather than other standards

my opinion only..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back