Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load back appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasBS

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2010
BR
Please, teach a noob.
Tell me why always I load a .prt, the materials I assigned to that, on another session, won't come back along?
Thx forward.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Uh... saved the part after applying the painture.
And, saved the materials I made on the appearance editor.
Is there something else?

And more.
Sometimes, when it does remeber the textures (external png), it comes all screwed up.
It doesnt remember where the picture is placed on the part, etc.
And any other kind of mess that a program alone can do.

Make sure you are saving your decal images in the directory that pro/e opens up to, or have that location referenced in your config.pro or search.pro. I keep my appearance files in the same location as my pro files and template/format files.
This should prevent you from having to re-apply the decal.

True... the pictures were not in the same dir...

Why do we have to do it manually?

Is there a reason, or am I the only one expecting from ProE something that any other decent program should do?

Also, will it solve the issues with the screwed up PNGs (if we have text on the picture, it's replaced by retangles, for example).

And, the materials I made on the appearance editor? they always reset when reloading.

Those stuff are not presented on ProE's tutorials... you guys are adealing with a noob here trying to learn.

Pro/E never stores paths to any reference files. Doesn't matter if it's pictures, parts or formats. You need to use config options to tell Pro/E where all this stuff is. Takes a little getting used to. Once you figure it out & get it set up you will find it is very flexible and powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back