Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

location of Abaqus environment file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickkuuttila

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2011
US
Hello all!

I am wondering if there is a way to check the location of the environment file that Abaqus is reading. I know where the env file is in the site folder but I do not think that Abaqus is reading this file.

I have been using a modified env file to run user subroutines through ssh using gfortran as the compiler. I recently purchased a copy of intel fortan so that I could run the simulations on my personal machine instead but each time I attempt to run the simulations an error comes up that says "gfortran.exe" can not be found. this leads me to believe that there is a copy of my modified env file floating around somewhere that is making Abaqus use the Gfortran compiler instead of my ifort compiler.

Any suggestions on how to find the currently used environment file would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Abaqus will look to the default working directory first. Look there.

On some computers, I have seen 3 or 4 copies if the .env file (had to go looking because we changed the location of the license server - rather than bother trying to figure out the precedence, I just changed 'em all!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back