Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Logitech Trackball and SW2003 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick4004

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2003
CA
I have a logitech trackball installed as a "Lefthanded" mouse. ie- right button select, left button menu/context, running with the latest logitech driver. It works fine in every program except SWorks. As soon as I click into SWorks, it reverts back to a "Righthanded" installation, and all of the speed/excelleration settings disappear.

Running SW2003 SP0
Windows XP Pro

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try an older driver or if you don't have the lateset try that one.

There was a problem with one a few months back whether thats the newest or not I don't know, but when SW would open the mouse would run realllllly slow across the program. Even if you had the accleration maxed out it still ran slow. The only fix was ti run an older driver. Which thankfully I had backed up.

Best Regards, Scott Baugh, CSWP [spin] [americanflag]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

That worked great. I found the original drivers that came with the trackball. I never thought to try them, I just assumed the latest ones from the Logitech website would be the best one to use.

Thanks

Are you using a trackball, a spaceball? If so I know there has been issues with some of the drivers. If you are I can find the link that seemed to fix the crashing problem.

BBJT CSWP

Now I really feel stupid. I just read the heading on the post. There was a post in a different forum on crashing using this trackball. The latest driver did fix it.

BBJT CSWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back