Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a ATV tire TYDEX file for Pacejka Magic Formula in MSC. Adams (PAC2002) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbertoengineer

Mechanical
Aug 26, 2016
VE
Good Night to all the experts here.
I'm working on a proyect at the University Simón Bolívar. The challenge is to make the first autonomous vehicle at Latin America. Part of my work is getting the model of an ATV which is the vehicle we are working on, at Adams/View. I want to follow the Pacejka Magic Formula (PAC2002) On the program for making the tire models. For getting into that, I need a TYDEX file of a 16×8.00-7 (200/55-7) tire, can anyone tell me where to search or find that information? Thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you are looking for 'raw' tire test data, as that is the main use of TYDEX. One problem you face is that all tires of a given size will not give similar PAC models, therefore you actually need the Flattrac type data for your particular tire. That data is generally proprietary. Typically it costs us about $20000 to run a test on one tire type, and even that does not cover the high frequency parameters, or parking. Then you would have the non-negligible job of fitting the PAC model to the test data. Alternatively you may be looking for PAC 2002 coefficients for a tire (TYDEX can be used for that), which at least gets around the fitting problem.

Mind you I find it hard to believe that an autonomous vehicle needs a tire model of any great complexity. If you are sure it does it might be better to find a tire model that exists and use that tire on your car.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

The Student Formula SAE competition has resulted in quite a large selection of tested tires in this size category suitable for analysis and simulation purposes. Several brands, pressures, rim widths and constructions are posted with online access if you are a paid up member (by school). There is a fee to join the TTC (Tire Test Consortium). If your school has a FSAE team (or can get one together), there may be some possibilities for you.

The TTC forum has plenty of advice and methodologies for delivering Pacejka, etc. tire models from the Calspan/TIRF raw tire test data files. These are mostly 'race' tires, but the science to deliver treaded tire effects is not a huge secret.

It could be a place to start. A license to get the data comes with some agreements on publication limitations, acknowledgements, limited use, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back