Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for a supplier specific sintered muffler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatstrow

Materials
Aug 3, 2018
US
I've been looking for a U.S supplier for these sintered bronze diffusers/mufflers (similar to this picture). Specifically ones that are around 2" long and about 0.25" in diameter. Does anyone know of a company? And while we are at it, would anyone know where to find the raw material to make these. seems to be about 0.005" dia beads/powder.

I can find small short ones everywhere but when I search for anything longer then half an inch, i can't find anything in the US.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have been waiting to hear back from Mott since before I posted this,but they seem more like a manufacture and I only need a small quantity. Though we'll see I guess what they can do for me.

The SMC and Pneumatic plus ones are the small short ones I can easily find. I need these to be long and narrow, like the 1/2", 3/8" or 1/4" along the whole length. and the only ones they have that are 2" long are like 1.5" thick. The small ones work great for evenly dispersing gas over a small area (which is what I have used for smaller applications) but I need that over a 2-2.5" length. If you look at that picture I linked to,the two long narrow ones on the sides of the picture would be ideal.

Very grateful for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back