Looking for an addon to AC to insert features like thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalarka

Bioengineer
Feb 22, 2007
US
Hi All,
I used to work in a mechanical eng shop that did a lot of CAD work. They had an add-on to AutoCad2000 that allowed us to insert holes, threads, etc. just by entering common dimensions and it would do the rest.

I'm not getting back into design work after a couple year break and am trying to find an application to help me do this now.

Can anyone tell me what application that addon was? or a similar application that I can use to do the same thing?

Thanks,
Lance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are some various add-ons, do a Google search. We use AutoCAD Mechanical and like it pretty well. Has about every fastener-hole-shaft imaginable. Has easy to use viewporting, 2D autohide, BOM, and various standards built in. My 2 cents.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"

Just upgrade to AutoCAD Mechanical 2007. If you want realistic 3D threading, it can do it, if you are only looking for 2D representation, it has the most complete library I have seen for a long long time. Even allows you to do bill of material generation, limited stress analysis, keeps track of different 2D views of the same part, do assemblies, etc.

Ciao

Kobus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back