Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for cheap digital voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabeil7

Mechanical
May 5, 2008
Hello all,

I am looking for a digital voltmeter that can either connect to a computer directly or converts the voltage into a digital signal, which I can put through to a computer. I am looking for a cheap device that runs continuously refreshling at a rate of at least 3-4 times per second, the faster the better however.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nabeil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry i'm not being specific enough I guess. I need to be able to measure multiple voltage measurements. I guess a DMM measuring a single voltage at a time would work if it was cheaper to buy that and an electronic switch, which using a computers parallel port can switch between up to five different voltage measurements.

How cheap?
How many channels?

There are many cheap ($200-1000) dataloggers that might fit your needs.

a simply google search for "voltage dataloggers"

One of Keithley's meters will probably do the job, perhaps a Model 2000 with a scanner card installed. Agilent have a broad equivalent in the 34401. GPIB boards for your PC turn up on ebay fairly often. Both instruments offer good value, but 'cheap' is very subjective.

Pico Technology have some products which might fit the bill too: In my opinion these are fairly cheap for the performance they give.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Have a look at LabJack. No display, but computer connection and channels galore. Price is low, low.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back