Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for freewheel clutch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfaucher

Mechanical
May 18, 2004
CA
I'm looking for any kind of freewheel clutch system that would fit inside thoses dimensions :
inside diameter = 35 mm
outside diameter = 52 mm
total length = 25 mm (including seals on both sides)
The system must be able to support a small radial load (about 200 lbf) and to transmit a torque of maximum 10 lb*ft only. Any standard one-way bearings I can found on the web (SKF, NTN, INA, Torrington, etc.) are very overdesign for theses dimensions, and they always exceed my maximum length. I tried to found some ratchet or freewheel system, but I don't know any producer.
The application is for a recreational vehicule transmission (a couple of thousands piece per year), so the part has to be as cheaper as possible. Someone has an idea?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Very interesting, the Dayton website. Helpful. Sprag clutches are interesting.

Related to the rear axle part of a 10-speed bicycle, I precisely have one of them on my desk! I suppose it could work, but I can't find one for my dimensions : It has to be inserted over a 1" 3/8 (35 mm) and it must not exceed 2" outside diameter (52 mm). I don't know where can I find that?

The Briggs starter will not work... My clutch system will turn continualy over 2000 RPM, a centrifugal freewheel would be always disengaged.

Thanks for your comments, don't hesitate if you have any other idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back