Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for hand pump leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhand

Civil/Environmental
Jan 5, 2004
CA
Hello,

I've been looking for a hand pump that will be suitable to use with a small RO membrane. So I need a low flow pump ~4L/m, that will give me 50-100psi. I've been looking but haven't had any luck searching online.
Any help would be appreciated.

Red

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Really high pressure service for a hand pump. They have too high of an elbow grease consumptioin rate to be in widespread use.

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. - Pablo Picasso

A hydrostatic test pump might get you there, pressure wise. As Big suggests, it would take a bit of elbow grease to achieve 1 gpm with one. Realize that 1 gpm at 50 psig is about 23 Watts of power with no accounting for pump efficiency; typical human arms are good for about 100 Watts for a minute, and much less on a continuous basis. Leg power is better at some 750 watts continuous power. Maybe a gear pump and a bicycle frame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back