Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for IBC Wind Loading diagram for structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Structural
May 25, 2007
US
The IBC has complex formulas for wind loading for structures. I mainly work with 1 to 4 story structures but they still can be quite complex to model. Does anyone know of a book or site I can go to find diagrams for various loading configurations? I want to double-check that I am calculating the right numbers by visualizing a sketch of what the IBC is asking for in various situations.

I know this is a general question, but I keep running into it on various projects and questioning what they had in mind. Thanks, Perennial

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Structural Engineers Association of Washington (SEAW) & the Applied Technology Council (ATC) have a 3 volume set that includes the Commentary on Wind Load Code Provisions, volumes 1 & 2 (SEAW/ATC-60)and a handbook of a Rapid-Solutions Methodology for Wind Design (SEAW RSM-03). These books are available from The books were developed for ASCE 7-02 & the 2003 IBC. I believe that they are being updated for ASCE 7-05 & the 2006 IBC.
They cover the subject of wind loading in great detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back