Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

looking for large heavy turning capability shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobc

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2001
US
i'm located in west central ohio, and i need to find a company that can turn a journal of approximately 30" diameter on one end of a crosshead-stalk guide assembly for a 4000 ton forging press.
we had planned to have this onsite machined, but now we have decided to remove it and send it out for machining.
this piece resembles an inverted "T". the base is 11'x 2'4"x 3'6" high. the stalk is approximately 30" in diameter central to the base and the overall height including the base is 16 ft.
this piece weighs 64000# and is a steel casting.
can anyone point to a machining facility that can handle this close to the lima ohio area?
thanks
bobc

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Speak with Walt Wardley at:

Bosma Machine & Tool Corp.
4754 East U.S. 40
Tipp City, OH 45371 9400
USA
Tel: 800-745-4004
Fax: 937-667-5864

David Baird
mrbaird@hotmail.com

Sr Controls Engineer

EET degree.

Journeyman Electrician.

thanks david, but this is too large for bosma.
they did however lead me to dynamic in cincy, and it looks as if they have the capability.
thank you,
bobc

I have a client that can handle this. They are frequently involved in turning large shafts for the steel and large press rebuilding industries. They are located south east of Cleveland. If interested contact me @216-272-3292, John W.

i have received a quotation from dynamic machine in cincy. he is very confident he can handle our project.
i am still researching others, and am waiting to award the job.
thanks to all,
the clues pushed me in the right direction.
bob creely

Try

Jeff Zombar at ADS Machinery Corp
330-399-3601 x 244
zombarj@adsmachinery.com

I believe they may have the capacity you are looking for.

Best regards
Ant101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back