Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for licensees (Centrifugal Ejector for Snow Blower)

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamedison

Mechanical
Aug 16, 2010
DE
Dear fellow engineers,

I am the inventor of a rotary chopper wheel for snowblowers and am looking for guidance on how to find licensees. What makes the invention interesting is that it requires much less energy to operate because of reduced friction and lower drive output.

More information about my invention can be found on my inpama.com page:
Perhaps some of you have had success in licensing your invention and could provide me assistance.

Many thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Contact the various manufacturers and sellers and sell your patented idea. Some will reject it because it was not invented by them. Be able to demonstrate convincingly that your invention does in fact require less energy. Is it very tolerant of stones, gravel, small branches from trees? All material that may be in the snow. Is it easily unclogged should something get jammed or stuck in the paddles? Is it easily and inexpensively repaired? How much snow will it clear per hour? What routine maintenance is required?

Ted

It seems to comprise a rotary array of shovels with lead/lag hinges, forced to a radial position by centrifugal force.
If it's sized to replace what I remember as a rotary array of radial blades fixed to a rotating disk, I don't see how the drive power could possibly be reduced.

Maybe I missed a meeting....

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

@hydtools: Thank you for your input. The blower requires the same maintenance as other blowers, and has the same performance as other blowers in terms of snow clearance (it was developed in Austria).

@MikeHalloran: drive power is reduced because friction is greatly reduced.

this is true more often than it's false:

companies don't buy inventions or ideas, companies buy other companies.

you would do well to consider getting the idea (or better yet prototype) in front of an angel investor who knows the industry (check out angellist via venture hacks), and see if he likes your idea.

just another avenue to consider.

Chris Loughnane - Product Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back