Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for Motor Data (discontinued design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM17

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2003
US
I've got a Source Control Drawing from 1989 that specifies a dc motor produced by:

Magnetic Technology
1601 Precision Park Lane
San Diego, CA

P/N H1937D-290E-055

Unfortunately, the company is no longer in business and I have no motor data listed on the drawing to help me find a replacement! It appears that this was a catalog item for them, does anyone out there have an old catalog for this company hiding under their desk?

I do not have any of the motors in house to test/derive performance parameters from, and the lead engineer responsible for the program has long since left the company...

-Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dinger2,

Turns out it is Magnatek; we found someone in their engineering dept. that recognized our outdated part number.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I have a similar problem in that I have a Magnetek motor and require information on it. I was wondering if you could advise me as to where you found information on the motor. I can't find any contact information whatsoever...

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Detailed data on MagneTek, (owned by A.O Smith Electric Products Company) may be obtained from the A. O Smith Co., U.S.A. Eengineering Offices in Tipp City, Ohio. Call 937-667-2431, or fax to 937-667-5104. This is where they keep all the current and obsolete motor information. They respond by mail, fax, or e-mail, as you request. It sometimes takes a week or so after the request.

Jeez, And my wife knew this answer all along! I wish I had read this post sooner!( As the lead in the Grainger Motor and Generator tech group she was aka."The Motor Goddess")

Scott

In a hundred years, it isn't going to matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back