Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Looking for ""accurate"" explanation of circuit function in

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline12

Aerospace
Jan 27, 2011
US
I have heard it all by now. We are looking to build a circuit to control a bosch wideband. The explanations vary greatly as to how they are functioning and what control aspects need to be implemented into a display.

Some papers have indicated you pump a current to the sensor and the amount of current required to hold at a certain voltage which is stoic is referenced to the actual afr. I have also heard that you apply your sensor voltage and further detect a pos/neg current flow to determine rich/lean.

I guess I am at a loss to better understand this. Any link or reference would be fine as long as it is accurate. We are trying to determine which micro controllers would be appropriate for this application and why.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Almost all microcontrollers are appropriate considering it's not the micro that will be interface to the sensor... you'll need a current driver and an instrumentation amplifier in there.

I suggest reading some of Bosch's fine whitepapers and FAQs before going down this road... try to ignore what you're doing with it (forest for the trees scenario) and just concentrate on it being a sensor. What does the sensor need to operate? What signal does it provide in return?

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

p.s. We designed one use a Renesas microcontroller. The main trick is to FULLY understand the sensor. Particularly in the control of the heater circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back