Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for RAGEE in post

Status
Not open for further replies.

donovanb2

Electrical
Mar 13, 2003
US
The post was removed and I can't get in touch with RAGEE, one of eng-tips member. He had a question about ABB robots.

Donovan
donovan@highstream.net

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

See:
Industrial/Manufacturing Engineers Area - Automation & Robotic engineering Forum
RAGEE (Electrical) 04/12/03 (posted 04/12/03) 0 replies
ABB UNIX operating system experiance?

<nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

Here is his posting (without the name R.A.G.E.E )

Hi All,

This is a curly question about what ABB refers to as &quot;indian Territory&quot; (in jest). I have been recently experiancing problems with an IRB 4400 S4C+ controller where the flash disk has been inadvertantly filled to capacity & the robot no longer wants to play. What we are left with is the controller continuosly running through its boot cycle, so to remedy this problem I have connected to the unix operating system through Hyperterminal & deleted some of the larger unnessecary files. This has enabled the controller to continue through its boot cycle enough to cold start the controller. After repeating the process twice to remove two of the loaded systems it will not reboot a third time to remove the last operating system. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had a aimilar experiance & may have a fix for the problem. I also intend to update the thread with the solution when I find it.

Russell Gee

<nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back