Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for thin sensor for detecting silicon wafers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JubilationTCornpone

Electrical
Sep 17, 2001
NL
Hello, all. I'm looking for a very thin sensor that I can use for detecting silicon wafers. It is to be used in a robotic end-effector for the semiconductor industry.

I had previously planned on using a thin capacitive sensor which was to be offered by a certain vendor. Since then, I've been told that this sensor might not be offered after all, so I need to start looking for alternatives.

Help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
if you can search for schnieder electric then you can use there capacitor sensors. they are available in bidirection
Regards

I used Omron sensors in the wafer plating stations I designed and built. SX-670a PMS w/built in amp for spindle speed. For your app, I'd recommend EE-SB5(non-amp), or EE-SPY301/401 series(amp). These are optical though, I am not sure what the IP problem is with using commonly available opto-sensors/photomicrosensors. Omron has a mind-blowing array of cap sensors, as does Sick, Turck, CD, Schlumberg, SAIA, Optix, Automationdirect.com, etc. There has got to be one out there for you.
Good luck,
Email, or preferably post, with further questions,
Foxfur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back