Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Looking for video topics 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoeNX

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2010
AU
Some of you may be aware that part of my day job is to create NX tip videos for the PhoenxPLM Vimeo site: Going into the new year, I'd like to get some potential topics or things people would like to see.
Can't guarantee that we'll cover every topic, but we'll try.
Just a warning, videos will be created in NX9/NX10 so don't ask for something to be shown in an older version.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (21versions)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I second the reuse library suggestion.

Here are a few more (I can't access vimeo from work, so I apologize if I list something that you already have):
[ul]
[li]assembly constraints (creating new constraints, finding and fixing broken constraints)[/li]
[li]assembly arrangements (overriding constraints, controlling sub-assembly arrangements)[/li]
[li]assembly clearance check/report[/li]
[li]creating/using custom symbols (drafting)[/li]
[li]creating/using deformable components[/li]
[li]creating a user defined feature (UDF)[/li]
[li]using model compare[/li]
[li]using drawing compare[/li]
[/ul]

www.nxjournaling.com

I would like to see some comprehensive vids on shape studio surface modeling Class A workflow in NX.
Maybe half a sports car with some complex geometry and cover section surfaces.

Thanks, Bud.

@multicaduser - what sort of things to you mean?
multicaduser said:
:nice to see more material on the reuse library

@cowski - great list, I'll need to brush up on some of them!
cowski said:
:Here are a few more

@cobaltred - nearly fell of my chair when I saw this one! however I think a series of short videos covering various techniques to build a SMALL consumer product with class A surfaces is possible
cowski said:
:Maybe half a sports car with some complex geometry and cover section surfaces

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (21versions)

@PhoeNX - I can't really take credit for that last quote in your post. [glasses]

@cobaltred - I ran across a video of someone modeling a sports car body in NX a while back. I only watched the first few minutes; if I remember correctly it was a sped up video of someone creating the surfaces, not much in way of tutorial or instruction, but it may be of interest.

I found it after a little searching:

www.nxjournaling.com

Yes, I have seen a few useless vids like this speedy Gonzales and no sound or instructions what so ever, would like for Phoenix
to do some vids that are similar to the Auto desk Alias workbench vids that I suggested and they made a whole webpage for. Would like to see a similar workflow in NX demonstrated.

Thanks, Bud.

Using solid Bodies whit a Parts list. THis is what I am having issues on now.

Track Drawing changes in 2D drafting. (Goes along with Cowski 2D compare)

Show how to compare two drawings in teamcenter. Not going into NX.

I was looking for examples on creating a re-use part to cut pockets, for example. I've gotten it to work but am not confident that it was done correctly.

Also, there are times when creating the krx option is greyed out and I am unable to figure out why when it seems like I'm doing everything exactly the same as last time.

A little clarity would go a long way to helping with this powerful tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back