Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loop drawing in piping

Status
Not open for further replies.

oswandi

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2002
ID
What is "loop drawing" in piping drawing plant. I have got job to make piping drawing for compressed air system, He need loop drawing of this plant but I dont know what they mean. So Please help me, everyone who have information about "loop drawing". thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

English is funny. So many different ways to talk about the same thing.

In compressed air for a plant a "loop" drawing could be a Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P & ID), or other schematic drawing showing pipe sizes, where it comes from, and what equipment it connects to. Sometimes the air is supplied through a "Ring Main", which becomes a complete loop, allowing the air to flow to any of the equipment from both directions of the loop. The loop is a continuous run of main supply piping which runs around the plant and connects back to where it started.

Another drawing is an "isometric" which is a dimensioned drawing for fabrication of the pipe spools.

Another drawing is a General Arrangement which shows in Plan, Elevation and Section, the route of the compressed air piping, the connected equipment, and the main dimensions for the design and detailing of the piping.

Dear Johnp,

thank you very much for your information, I am sorry about my English but as long as you know what I mean it is okay. Can you give me some suggestion about my english? thank you

That's OK. See thead378-27768 about English.

Another use of the loop is as an "Instrument Loop". This is a drawing which shows how the compressed air, electrical instruments, or other components are connected to the process piping and equipment. Here you go into exact detail of how it is to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back