Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost connection to license server, now file won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR9026

Aerospace
Dec 4, 2007
US
I was using I-DEAS NX 11 when I lost my connection to the network. The program shut down because it couldn't contact the license server. Apparently, the current project wasn't closed when I-DEAS shut down, because when I try to re-open the model file now that my network connection is restored, I get the error message,

The model file is currently locked. It is being accessed by another user. You may retry this operation later.

How can I access this file so I don't lose my model?

Thanks,
Nick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but go to where the file is saved on the network or your HDD and delete the lock file.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

That partially worked. I can open the file now, but can't save it once it's open. Instead, I now get the error message:

The saved model file cannot be associated with the specified project because its file system path name, which is as follows:
C:\I-DEAS\foo.mf1
is already used for the following item in the same project:
foo

where foo is the name of my model.

Nick

Just check parts to library (simple copy), and create new model file. Then get the parts back from library into the new model file. ;)
Or export all to archive file and import it into new model file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back