Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lost Fastener etc Blocks for Solidworks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffYates

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2011
GB
Have just left previous employ and didn't get chance to get all my fixings and fasteners block files off the company server(All of which I created including variations and weights).
Had planned to do it Fri pm but after leaving presentation I was pounced on and Cling wrapped to a tree for 2 hrs. Any help will be much appreciated.
Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not 100% sure what you're question is, but can you not ask your previous employer for a copy of the files you need.

The following thread may help ... thread559-302323

Well, it's a good heads up to any of you who have special formats, *.?dot files, and parts. Make a backup copy onto a memory chip. Probably should run copy settings wiz, too.
My generic hardware files and formats go back at least four employers to SW 98. While I have done portable backups, I usually avoid copying proprietary files.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 2.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Problem is That 2 Others and myself Resigned after the appiontment of a new Technical Manager who has no Engineering Background. Just Happened to be the Production Managers Brother in law. After two months of conflict we decided 8yrs of general happiness had come to an end.
So I Know where someone is desperately looking for 2 Mechanical Design Engineers and two Electronic Design engineers with Railway experience.
P.S. Are advertising at 20,000 PA not 32,000 PA as we were earning.
Regards.
Jeff

PA?
Any way, did you see the other thread about fasteners? 123GO by Logopress3 – SolidWorks Gold Certified will help with the holes and fasteners issue of your std components.

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 2.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Hi Snowcrash.
Yes But only had time for a quick look, Hopefully give it a Proper try Tomorrow, Looks useful, I'll let you know.
Regards.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back