Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lost keyboard customization hotkeys-and cant reset them

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I've JUST STARTED WITH 2010 SP2.1 X 64 ON WIN 7. XEON W3580 6Gb MEM.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM. After loading 2010 and running it for 1 week, I got comfortable with the customizations I've always used and added (hotkeys), and they were working till today, and now they dont. One of them specifically is "z" to give me a cascaded view of the open sw documents. Today it doesnt work. I went to reset it, but it was already listed in the keyboard customizations, so I deleted it, closed sw, opened sw, and checked and it was deleted the way I left it. so then I put it back in, and tryed it and it wont work. Other custom hotkeys I put in still work fine.
Does anyone hav a clue as to what's wrong or why im haveing this issue?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just went back and added another button to that hotkey, the "B" button, and it worked, but the z still doesnt...weird.

I assume that your user settings have a dangling reference. Basically ctrl+Z is set to nothing so it is not available.

Try saving out your user settings.
Start>all programs>solidworks>solidworks>>solidworks tools>copy settings wizard

Now open with a text editor and search for "Ctrl+Z". Delete or fix the entity. Save as and then reload these new settings.

I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back