Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low flow lift station suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBW2

Civil/Environmental
Apr 25, 2003
US
I'd appreciate some suggestions for a small pump station that will serve (3) lots. I'm going to pump over to the gravity sewer which is approximately 500' away. Flow is low and so is the head.

I'm thinking a grinder pump but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A couple of years ago I had a design job similar to this one. I believe Barnes Pump had a good range of small fiberglass well and pump configs, complete with control package.

Just make sure that the property owner knows the location of the pump tank & knows to maintain the manhole cover. Digging around in the rain to locate a buried/landscaped-over manhole cover is a pain, and these pumps can be guaranteed to fail within 5 to 7 years.

BT

There are many small package stations on the market with pumps and all equipment built into a plastic tank lining - Try ABS.
Check the static lift and pipeline friction for the full range of sump levels - the supplier can do this for you.
In UK the regulations require minimum velocity 0.75 m/s and mimimum pipe size 100 mm. This is impossible for 3 lots which will need a smaller pipe (50mm probably) In UK the regulation would require fitting of a macerator for pipes less than 100 mm.
I'm sure that you are not obliged to comply with UK regs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back