Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low friction pulley for thrust stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmacurrent

Oct 18, 2007
US
I am in need of a relatively small, very low friction pulley. It will be used to calibrate a thrust stand in real-time. I saw an old thread on here that was talking about the same thing but it was closed. thread406-60789 Any advice on what I could use and a site where I could get it would be helpful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Think about setting up your thrust stand to have the thruster oriented vertically. Calibration then requires just placing/removing a mass (and knowledge of local "g").

But, you are probably working, as I once did, on an existing thrust stand. has small low-friction pulleys and ball bearings, you may also find some at

You have to determine whether this is a THRUST LOAD application or RADIAL LOAD before you buy any bearings....
You can get low-friction, radial capacity, or thrust capacity. NOT all 3 in same bearing unless load is VERY low compared to the bearing RATED load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back