Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPG Demand for restaurent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

parth1981

Civil/Environmental
Apr 9, 2018
KW
Hi

I am involved in a restaurant with approx 1500 meals/day
We are in preliminary stage and the kitchen layout is not done yet.
We need to find space for LPG storage and hence I require the quantity of gas required.
Is there any thumb rule to find out how much LPG gas will be required per meal??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Typically LPG design is based on adding all the equipment loads and multiplying them by 24 hours of operations. If that seems like a lot, remember LPG is a stored supply not continuous like natural gas so that 24 hours of continuous operation will level out to many days of intermittent operation.

The company that will have the contract to refill the LPG tank will monitor actual usage for the first month or so to determine a refill schedule.

Last two university/college kitchen projects I did were natural gas and averaged 3,500 cfh. That might give you a ball park to start your sizing until actual kitchen loads get hashed out. But remember, 1 cfh of LPG is approximately 2.5 cfh of natural gas at the same pressure due to BTU content.

Try this
Gives you a KWh per meal table and convert that to gas consumption or use the fossil fuel figure.

As noted above, you need to think carefully about how many days storage you need and what the level of delivery is going to be. Running out would be a very bad idea.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back