Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPG EUR/m3 to EUR/kg conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmart

Mechanical
Apr 12, 2010
NL
Hi Guys!!

I have hit an absolute blank today and I am struggling with a simple conversion! please could someone help me out?

I have the following informaion:

Regarding the gas supply, the value for the pressure needed (1000 mbar) is 6,26 € /m3.

and i want to compare it to another quote I have which is in € /kg. How would I go about converting from € /m3 to € /kg?

This would be gaseous LPG m3 to kg using the density at 1000mbar right? do i assume LPG is butane or propane?

If someone could step me through this i would appreciate it!!

Thank you :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Multiply by the specific volume which by definition is the inverse of density - m^3/kg. Depending on the accuracy needed you could sample the gas or approximate using propane.

If you have suppliers quoting to you, you are in the driver's seat to some extent. Why not ask them to quote in terms of price/energy unit (LHV I assume since this is primarily an engine forum), and other boundary conditions for delivery to your requirements, such as pressure, Wobbe Index, Methane Number (your definition), and importantly, composition, especially in terms of contaminants such as moisture, oils & heavy ends, sulfur/H2S, and dust.
If that all seems a bit daunting, you could latch on to a reputable engine builder's specification, and ask them to meet those boundary conditions, while quoting price/energy unit.
If it is a specific engine you will be feeding, check that mfr's fuel specification for the boundary conditions.

"Schiefgehen wird, was schiefgehen kann" - das Murphygesetz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back