Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPG pipeline required space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossareh1352

Structural
Apr 3, 2008
IR
Dear engineers

For your kind information , in our project 2 LPG pipe lines (C3 and C4) will be going through a city to Jetty. I need a standard to know the required space around these LPG lines which we do not have the athority to build any building as safety point of view. If you know any international standard in this regard please let me know.

best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no international standard. There isn't even on in the US. I've seen cities that passed rules that all new houses must be 15' from the rights of way (ROW), which put our 2260 psi line 25' from a foundation. That was better than what the house developer wanted, he was going to allow 10' of clearance.

dear dcasto

is it ok for underground pipeline or above ground. our pipeline is underground about 2 m. according to your experiance 15' is enough ? 25' is from the edge of foundation up to pipeline?

I'd like 50', but I've lived with 10' from the ROW to a home, which was 15' from the pipeline . The line had a 2180 psi MAOP.

To make up for small distance we had line markers on each fence in backyards and we went door to door annually. the home owners tried to sue home builder and the home builder tried to sue me personally for interferance with his business. Niether one won because of local laws and federal laws. I threathened to put up cameras on our ROW because our signs were disappering, we knew it was the builder.

Hi guys,

I would come up with a Risk Assessment and make a risk profile along the pipelines. Wherever risk level is lower than 10-6 then the development of building should be granted, according to UK HSE (UK Health & Safety Executive) for land use.

Many consultant such as DNV, Advantica etc can be contacted for this kind of issue.

Process Engineer in Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back