Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

LPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninemaria

Chemical
Apr 3, 2020
BR
I am working in a conceptual study for transportation pipelines. And the project sponsor demonstrates an interesting in work with two fluids in the same line. In others words, in a moment it will operate with LPG, and the other moment it will work with C5+ (natural gasoline). So I would like to know if there is any restriction about this. And in case there is not restriction, please inform the an example in the world. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume you mean warm pressurised LPG?

By "natural gasoline" you mean condensate? Is this a liquid at ambient pressure and temperature?

It's a little unusual, mainly because of the difference in vapour pressure at storage conditions and I've never heard of it before.

It revolves around how you handle the interface and maintain pressure to avoid vapourisation of the LPG.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Be careful with the lower design temp(LDT)for this pipeline to cater to LPG. What are the max operating press / min op temp when in LPG service, including min ambient temp?

I found one pipeline in Ecuador that operate with both (lpg and c5+). It is poliducto shushufindi-quito.

Lpg will be pressurized, 40 bar g and the minimum temperature will be around 30 C.

My concern is about the contamination when change the fluids. What can we do to avoid this?

Thanks you all.

"My concern is about the contamination when change the fluids. What can we do to avoid this"

Errr, nothing.

This is called the interface and is a result of a multi product pipeline. Hooe you deal with the interface is the key to multi product pipelines. And lpg to c5 won't be easy.

To avoid it build two separate pipelines.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back