LS-DYNA Mitral Valve Modeling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin O

Bioengineer
Sep 1, 2016
US
Hello everyone,

I am a masters student tasked with simulating heart valves in LS-DYNA, and from my research I believe a simulation using ALE elements and FSI coupling has been proven to be the best for this application.

From all of the resources I have found online, I have a decent mesh assembled and I can assign initial velocities to the leaflets which move the way they are supposed to, indicating the basic set up and boundary conditions of the model is working correctly. However, I still have much to correct on my model to accurately represent a heart valve.

How/can I implement a velocity inlet waveform on one side of my model and a pressure output on the other? I would like to input the normal pressure experienced by a heart valve over a cardiac cycle.

How do I fine tune the ALE and FSI settings? I have found very few resources online to learn advanced techniques using these, and all the resources I have found have little to no description of WHY certain cards were implemented. Any teaching resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin
Clemson University Mechanical Engineering

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back