Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lubrite and alternative self-lubricated pad materials 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedeghi

Mechanical
Feb 17, 2009
IT
I'm looking for an alternative material to be used instead of Lubrite self-lubricated bearings.
Infact, it looks like that this "lubrite" material is not easy to be found and purchased...

What would you suggest to use, if you had to find a flat pad suitable for T=400°C , with a vertical load of 16000 kg (assuming a contact area of 200x200mm)?

Thank you!

PS: I have checked in the forum, there is only one reference to Lubrite, in this thread: thread794-102821

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might also consider teflon slide bearings such as Fluorogold bearings ( These are used as pipeline support bearings and numerous other applications. They sustain essentially unlimited movement.

Or consider elastomeric bearings. These depend on the shear deformation of an elastomer and so have restricted movement for a given bearing.

TomBarsh, I'm afraid that Teflon might suffer viscous deformation if the temperature rises above 400 °F.
I need a material that can resist up to 400 °C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back