Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M5 Cross Drilled Head SHCS-Do they Exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfordyce05

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2011
US
I have searched the net and came up empty. I am looking for a M5 stainless SHCS, or hex head, with a cross drilled head for safety wire that is covered under a standard. I don't care which standard, ISO, DIN, etc. I found that the ANSI B18.3.1M standard has provision for a drilled head metric SHCS, but the part number is not readily available (B1831DH050050D: M5x50 A1-70 Drilled head). Do they not use safety wire secured fasteners in Europe?

Thanks,

Casey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Pud. Unfortunately, I don't think their fasteners are covered under a standard and they don't appear to be readily available.

Thanks,

Casey

Unbrako have them listed in their catalog, page 38. I have ordered them in the past, can't remember the size off the top of my head.

Regards,
Cockroach

Casey,

I'm not aware of standard ISO or DIN SHCS that are pre-drilled for safety wire in the head. There are aerospace standards that specify safety wire holes, but not general industry. There are a number of companies that specialize in taking standard fasteners and quickly modifying them to customer requirements. Bossard is one such European company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back