Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MACRO: CATDUAV5 Run in batch mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

spe88

Automotive
Jul 17, 2016
HU
Hello,

I could run CATDUA in batch mode: it clears all the elements in a folder and copy or overwrite them depending the option what I set up.

But I would like to do it with a macro, where all the opened elements are cleared with CATDUA.

Is it possible?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it really impossible to write a macro which run CATDua at all the elements which are opened? It seems for me as an easy coding.

It would be very useful to have a button which run catdua at all elements and do not need to set up always in batch mode in Tools/Utility

you said:
It seems for me as an easy coding.

Really? So what after CATIA.startcommand (find the File/Desk function) ? How do you garb that graphic element to start the CATDUA? Even with Win API I would not bet on it but I am not expert programmer...I'd like to learn from your solution...

On the other hand, the Batch Utility does clean more stuff than the interactive Cleaner, and it is also faster... why not using it?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Oh OK. I am also not an expert progammer. I would say even not a programmer. :)
So thank you, in this case I will still use the batch mode. Just wanted to facilate our work to my colleagues. We always would need to run this, but it is time consuming and the lazy colleagues - including me - rather not make run, and our structure will be wrong later. :)

Hello,

I've created an app like this way back, like 10 years ago. It was running CATDUA on all associated Documents of a root ProductDocument simply because made life simpler for all designers and they didn't have to care about what Batch CATDUA does.

Yes, it was fun, not sure worth redoing it now.

Calin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back