Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro developer looking for new projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Pimenta

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2019
PT
Hi everyone, I'm looking for macro projects to develop in my free time.
If you have ideias you would like to implement, please feel free to contact me.
Best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I lost interest since my company is moving to Pro-E but I was developing a userform/macro to add common/required drawing notes. I wanted it based on an excel sheet others could add to or edit without any VBA experience.

The sequence I had was:

[ol 1]
[li]Launch my main userform[/li]
[li]Click an "Add notes" command button which launched a notes only userform(mainly to keep my main userform relatively compact)[/li]
[li]I was experimenting with toggles, radio buttons, and combo-boxes. such as: the first combo-box would select the type of component i.e. sheet metal, plastic, machined casting, gasket, brazed asy, etc. This would then populate additional comb-boxes/toggles/radio button choices for notes. also a text box for user generated notes.[/li]
[li]Check for existing notes previously added with macro[/li]
[li]Insert a, new, named textbox within a, new, named view on the drawing (So I could get it later for any edits)[/li]
[li]Add notes/additional text, based on the excel file, in the correct size, font, and format based on user selection/input[/li]
[li]position the view correctly depending on sheet size[/li]
[/ol]

Also on my To Do List

[ol 1]
[li]Populate title block material field based on the applied 3D material.[/li]
[li]Populate title block weight field based on applied 3D material (solid models)[/li]
[/ol]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back