Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Macros stopped working from 8.5 to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhag84

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2014
US
I have tried creating new macros and tried journals too but I'm unable to get them to work again.

What I need to do is place four views in drafting top, bottom, projected right, then I select each four views, then ran my macro.

The macro would turn hidden lines on, change dimension size, units-inches, remove the borders, and turn on monochrome display with white background. Pretty straightforward...

Any suggestions, tips? (See attached for NX 8.5 macro)

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't see an attachment...

Macros generally need to be recreated for each major version of NX. Due to changes between versions of NX, there is no guarantee that macros made in older versions will run in newer versions.

Journals usually fare better than macros between versions of NX, though there is no guarantee that they will work in newer versions either.

From your description of the macro, it sounds like it was just setting up your drafting preferences. If this is the case, I would suggest setting up a template file to start new drawings with. The template could have all of your preferred settings saved and ready to go when you start a new drawing.

www.nxjournaling.com

Sorry, its attached now.

I'm open to suggestions, journals, drafting template, whatever.

I'd really like to add a note too that automatically pulls the file path, file name, and volume.

I'm not asking for anyone to make this macro/journal/template, just some clarity, tips, and maybe a good place to start.

Thanks cowski

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2ae16946-577f-4d7a-9f97-9e675214d4ed&file=1_1_smalltext.macro
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back