Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Magazines related... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorDzuklevski

Civil/Environmental
Feb 4, 2005
YU
In my country, Serbia, there is no magazine for civil engeeners (construction, building, concrete, steele, wooden structures and so...).
As I would like to educate constantly, and learn as much as possible I need to know what are the quality magazines (on English) in Europe or in the States relating these topics...
I know about New Civil Engeener Plus (NCE+, from UK) but I wonder is it recomendable to spend a great amount of money for magazine like NCE+...
I hope you guys will have a couple of suggestions...
Also, except amazon.co.uk, is there any other sites with good books for civil engeeners...
Thanks in advance...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Im in US...

For Books:
civilbooks.com
mcgraw hill has a good bookstore on their website
opamp technical books-not sure of address-search for it

Magazines in US:
Structural Engineer
Structure
Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering(ASCE)
Modern Steel COnstruction(AISC)
Concrete International(ACI)

There are also many journals that the engineering societies put out.

One book from ASCE that I re-read frequently is:

"Sons of Martha," an edited compendium of stories and book excerpts from Civil Engineering projects, and noteworthy civil engineers' life stories. This will impell you to read other books referenced in "Sons..."

IgorDzuklevski - I do most of my current technical reading online, here are a few links (some of these have been mentioned by others). All are free.

Institute For Research In Construction: American Wood Council Online eCourses: Modern Steel Construction: Bridge Builder: Concrete Construction: PCA Concrete Technology: Pile Driving Contractor's Assoc: Structural Engineer: CE News: Structure Magazine:
Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back