Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magnetic drive sealess pump 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SShiva

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2001
CA
Let me know if anyone has experience on MAG sealess pump to API 685.

Adivise on Prime factors to be considered in selecting a MAG pump for rich amine service with presence of solids and sulphide corrosion.

Advise on Instruments and controls for bearing erosion, chamber temp. and shell failure monitoring system.

Reputed manufacturer's

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ANSIMAG makes pretty good mag pumps. The pump can take solids up to 5% and particle size up to 150 microns. Corrosion resistance is very good for most chemicals. The problem is its limited flowrate.
Another name is Worthington, but I do not know much about its ability on solids.
Goulds makes mag pumps but cannot handle solids.

It seems Dickow does not work for slurry in mining industry. Here is the email I got from Dickow:

Re: Mag Pumps for Slurry

Dear Sir,
unfortunately, we do not have references in the mining industry.
Regards - Ralph Schommer
Dickow Pumpen KG

Bulkhandling

I've actually used a couple of Dickow's pumps, their mag drives are radial vane side-channel pumps. Great for low flow, low NPSH, high head service, so long as you've got clean fluids. They've got pretty tight internal clearances between the radial vane impellers and discharge channels, so solids operations are usually out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back