Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintanence Schedules for Rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosshol

Industrial
Sep 27, 2004
BE
Dear All,

I am trying to set up a system of maintaining a complex array of rolls used within my plant. There are some 150 different types some with suction some ceramic some steel and others with speciality coating. The problem I have is that there is no real scheduled maintanence on them and we are forever being caught out with breakdowns due to unmaintained rolls. I was just wondering if anyone has any software that they would recommend or a spread sheet that has similar layout.

Thanks in advance

Ross

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many ready made computerized maintenance programs on the market. A goggle search will find many. The price varies with the amount of information required.
You can do a simple program in Excel or a more complicated one in Access.

Here is a simple example of one done in Excel:
In the first columns identify the product with number and serial numbers etc. Next part depends if you want to track on hourly or calendar basics. For hourly something like this may work
Total Time 1005

Done At Interval Next Due TimeRemaining
1000 100 ¨ 1100 95
Formula for next due and time remaining are
=B5+C5 =D5-$C$2
Your total time is just a running total of time in use.
For a calendar basic
27/09/2004

DateLastDone Interval(months) NextDue TimeRemaining
12-Sep-04 24 12-Sep-06 715Days
Formula for NextDue and TimeRemaining are
=G6+(H6*30.4166667) =I6-$F$3
Where 30.416 is the average number of days in a month. F3 contains Today().
You can use the data base functions to sort when the next item is due and condition formatting to highlight next due items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back