Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAKE AN EMBOSS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingenieromx

Mechanical
Apr 21, 2010
MX
HI AGAIN, I AM HERE WITH MORE CUESTIONS.

I TRIED TO MAKE AN EMBOSS WITH CATIA LIKE A POCKET TO MARK MY DESIGNS WITH A NUMBER BUT I JUST FOUND THE COMMAND 'ANNOTATIONS' AND NOT QUITE WHAT I WANT.AND ALSO I WANT TO SEE IT IN THE DRAFTING ENVIROMENT.

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT INSTEAD OF DOING IT WITH A PROFILE AND A POCKET??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here's what I do, that I found here a while ago:

Open a blank drawing. Type out your as needed, and save the drawing as a .ig2 format. In a file manager window from your operating system, change the file extension to .igs and open that file in V5. I usually add this .igs part to my working assembly and position it as a component to get it where I want it on the part quickly, since most of my work is nowhere near absolute zero.

Expand the specification tree of the target part you need to add the text to. Double click into the .igs part as the working model. Highlight the text you need, right-click and copy the text curve data. Right-click on the destination part and Paste Special-As Result. The curves will be in the position they were copied from in the product.

You can now go into the destination model and scale, clean up or turn them into a pad/pocket. In the Pad/Pocket form, use Up to Surface as the limit, and use Offset to control the height/depth of the embossment. Just make sure that the entire thing fits on that surface or you will get an error.

If Up to Surface is not working, extract, extrapolate and offset your target surface with parameters, and just use it as the limiting surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back