Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Make bush joint in Adams view

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagarbilla

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2009
PK
i have to add a bushing joint like the one in the attached pic. i am using adams view .. and how i define this type of bushing in there .. also what type of bushing joint is this (i mean name) so i can search for suppliers for this type of bush for properties like stiffness etc ..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's a double bonded rubber suspension bush with metal inner and outer. It'll be between 45 and 65 Shure.

Typical suppliers are freudenberg, boge, peradin

If you are only interested in the linear behaviour then a Field will allow you to enter stiffnesses in 6 directions. I don't know how to do non linear bushes in VIEW, presumably MSC support can tell you if the Help doesn't.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

i am not using non linear bush .. but the stiffness properties are hard to find .. i tried to check catalogues of some suppliers .. but the stiffness values are not available .. as for now i have build a working model for me with the values of "lower suspension arm bush" in shared libraries in adams .. but i don't know which material that bush is made of which values are in the buhsing data file ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back