Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

neviny

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2020
CA
Hey All,

I wanted to learn a bit more about engineering consultancies, especially in the water treatment/water resources side of things. I was wondering when it came to detailed design, what are some of the tools and processes used to manage quality on projects? I'm assuming designs would follow the engineering design criteria set out in that particular city and country.

Thanks in Advance,
Nev

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Waste water treatment and water resources can not go separate way with government agencies and regulations. The most direct way to learn, is to work for one of the well known engineering consulting firm. There are quite a few good names out there, do your research first.

First off, one needs to set up a quality plan and then work the plan. It will be a living document so it will need to change over time when new items come up. We have an in-depth quality plan that consists of quality checks and a quality assurance process. Every deliverable must go through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back