Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual control of Z Axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Alarie

Industrial
Sep 16, 2022
CA
Hello everyone.

I am new to these forums so forgive me if I may not be folling the posting coventions properly. My emplyoer has an Amada LCG 3015 AJ machine and we are trying to solve a problem and maybe someone can help me. we cut a lot of half inch stainless and during the cutting process our cooling systems lines freeze up causing the machine to stop. We were told a larger nitrogen tank may help and we have heat sink installed. We began attempting to run half inch sheets at night time and attemped to prevent the freezing by inserting dwell codes into the program but during the dwell it seems the nitrogen continues to flow and freeze the lines. I was advised to try raising the head before the dwell code. My question is how do I manually raise the head with a code? Im guess the z axis is built into the code because I cant find any Z code in the program. Is there a way I can insert a code into the programe to raise the head before it dwells?

Thanks for you time.
Regards,
Troy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back