Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Manually modifying existing Baselines (one task at a time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turner556

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2006
US
I am managing a plan with many tasks and resources. I have a few problems in my baseline that I need to correct. Specifically I am trying to modify the amount of baseline work for several tasks.

Is it possible to directly modify the work in the baseline? I am trying to avoid the tedium of modifying the current work, updating the baseline, then returning the current work to its pervious value.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks very much!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure which version of Project you are working with, but here are my thoughts:
I just tested modifying Baseline Work using Project 2003 Pro in a non Server environment. MS Project will let you modify and save Baseline Work for specific tasks.
Now with that said, let me caution you. Before modifying your original baseline, I would copy it over to another baseline field. Go to >Tools, >Tracking, >Save Baseline, >Save Interim Plan, >Copy from Baseline To Baseline10.

Some people get really nervous when you start talking about modifying the baselined data. Saving the original version may help with this.

Hope this helps!

J Black

If you change the baseline work for a task, the baseline work for all summary tasks will not be automatically updated.

If you want to do this, you need to click:
Tools -> Options -> Save Baseline:
choose For "Selected Tasks"
Then I usually check both checkboxes ("To all summary tasks" and "From subtasks...")

Tim Weiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back