Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAP KEY activation...???/ pls help!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojauto

Automotive
Nov 27, 2006
IN

Hi friends.
Every time when I create MAP keys, I save all config.pro files in my working directory..

Map keys work fine..

but when I exit PRO_E, & start a new session,
I open MAP key dialogue box..click all..

I am not able to activate all map keys which I created in last session..(after aborting PRO E & starting new one)

Regards,
Manoj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you create mapkeys in session the mapkey window will show all of them but they are not automatically saved into the config.pro file. I usually go to the Mapkey window and use the Save Changed or Save All buttons and enter a file name like allmap.pro and then manually paste these lines in the Mapkey section of my config file.

I've had problems with duplicate mapkey lines when trying to save mapkeys while in the Tools Options dialog. I've taken care of these by just loading my allmapkey.pro file to bring in my mapkeys or paste them in from the file to ensure no duplicate lines.

If you frequently make new mapkeys you may like using the save changed option and just use config.pro as the file to save changed mapkeys to.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back