Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

map pressure onto another surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmbl

Oct 22, 2004
GB
Guys,

I want to map the pressure distribution from the outer skin onto the camber line. I assume the structural integrity of the airofoil is provided by the camber and no other stiff internal structures. The pressures on both surfaces after mapping are equal if the airfoil is thin (max 6% thickness). What happens if the thickness is larger than 12%? Bernoulli is not that helpfull, but I guess a Laplace domanin technique would do.
Has anyone experienced this sort of issue? What's the best and accurate way to do it?
I appreciate any help.

Regards,

J

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi there,

I think the camber line is theoretical rather than an actual structure (please correct me if I'm wrong though). for an aerofoil with no camber at 0 angle of incidence the pressures are equal and hence no lift. For a cambered aerofoil, the pressures and lift depend on the camber and angle of incidence.

There should be a lot of resources for this on the internet. Are you looking at wing structure and internal forces ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back