Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mapkey to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmdiver

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2012
US
I would like to make a mapkey that sets up a drawing to print to PDF all in one button. Is it possible to include keystrokes in the print menu? I want to be able to change to PDF, and then adjust the setting to Black and White. When I try to record the mapkey to do this, it stops once it enters the print menu. Here's where I get to:

mapkey $F2 @MAPKEY_LABELPRINT PDF (SIZE B);mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEnvMdlDisp` `No hidden`;~ Command `ProCmdViewRefit` ;mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdModelPrint` ;~ Select `print` `CascadeButton1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `print` `CascadeButton1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `print` `MS Printer Manager Size B`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `print` `CascadeButton1`;~ Select `print` `SheetsRadio`1 `All`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `print` `OK`;~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `main_dlg_cur`;

I want to print PDF; not save as PDF.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would create a new printer within Pro/E that has all the values preset in the printer control file (*.pcf). You can set paper size, all sheets, pen table file, etc. in the PCF.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

That is what my map key accomplishes so far, but once you go through those settings it takes you to the actual print menu where you choose the printer (in this case, Adobe PDF). There are settings within this printer menu that I need to change that I cannot get Pro/E to record. I don't know if this is possible because I believe it is outside of Pro/E, however, I know there are map keys that open other programs so...

There may be some way to get Pro/E to call a script file but I've never done that kind of thing in Windoze. I just create a printer that writes a postscript file to the PDF distiller IN directory and the PDF pops out. Been working for as long as there have been PDF files.

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Here is my .pcf file which by default creates both a hard copy and a PDF.

plotter POSTSCRIPT
button_name POSTB
button_help Plots B size output to HP 9050
plot_drawing_format YES default
plot_segmented NO default
plot_roll_media NO default
plot_handshake NO default
plot_label NO default
create_separate_files NO default
plot_with_panzoom YES default
rotate_plotting NO default
allow_file_naming YES
plot_name YES
interface_quality 3 default
plot_destination file_and_printer default
plotter_command windows_print_manager \\GVLPRINT\gvl_hp9050n
pen_table_file G:\solid\drw_files\postscript20.pnt
plot_sheets all default
paper_size_allowed B A
paper_size B default
plot_clip NO default
plot_area NO default
plot_access create
plot_file_dir o:\in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back