Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maple Silver 520 OIT to Modicon address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoHoCa

Mechanical
Jun 19, 2006
US
I asked a similar question but it was buried within a discussion of an obscure RTU. Perhaps folks who know Maple Systems OITs and the Modicon protocol have some advice on this one...

We need to hook up some simple Maple Silver series (HMI520T) 6" operator displays to Motorola MOSCAD and ACE3600 RTUs (Modicon protocol) for basic discrete and analog status displays. A conversion formula is used to convert MOSCAD table/column/row to Modbus address:

Modbus = (Table * 2048) + (Column * 256) + Row + 1
I realize that this formula is for relative addressing, and that for absolute 5-digits we'd probably need to add 30,000 (or 40,000?).

I noticed on the Maple product, they only support Moscad tables 0 through 4. If my integer values are stored in Table 1, then the converted Modbus address is typically 20xx (for example 2045). However on the Maple display, for analog/integer values, the addressing formats are typically "3x" and "4x", which I think refer to 30,000 addresses for analog inputs, and 40,000 addresses for holding registers. Other listed formats include LW, RWI, RW, Ms_RW or Ms_LW. Any advice on which is intended to match our 20xx address?

Also - we're using some Table 1 words to transfer blocks of discretes. So the address would still be 20xx, but with a decimal or colon used to denote individual bits. The Maple software's discrete graphic dialog box suggests data formats LB, 1x, 0x, RBI, RB, Ms_RB, Ms_LB. Any advice on which would match our intended use?

Perhaps this question is too specific to the Maple units, in which case I wouldn't mind a referral to another forum where folks might know the product. I called Maple tech support and the guy said he didn't know a thing about MOSCAD or Modicon addressing and to just read the manual (and get off the phone).

Thanks...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In defense of Maple systems, I have found their tech support people to be very helpful and outgoing. Too bad he wasn't able to help you out... I can't either, I'm sure there's someone here though that can. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back