Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Fix Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjax

Industrial
Jan 28, 2004
US
Primarily design weld fixtures.
Design fixture around a supplied reference model.
Position all locators by constraining them to reference model.
Rest of the fixture is then tied to the locators.
When all is finished, reference model needs to be removed.
Must break ties between reference model and 25-500 locators and fix them in location.

At present, I have to individually "edit definition" each locator and replace the constraints with "fix". This can take some time.

Looking for a way to do a mass constraint change to "fix".

Hoping this ability is built in and I just don't know where to find it.

In have recently seen a way to do this.
One of our suppliers has an add on package that (i think) has some built in type of macro.
Very simple, all you have to do was highlight the parent (reference model), activate macro, then it automatically replaces all of it's children's constraints with "fix".
All ties to the highlighted model are then broken, fixed, and the reference model is free to be deleted or moved to the bottom of the tree.

Now I know the functionality is there for ProE to do this, but I can't get the funding to get the addon package just for this feature. It also has a really slick mass rename feature, but that's about it, and the check writers here cant see how those two feature justify the money.

So, with all that said, is anybody aware of another way to accomplish the "mass fix location" ability?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back