Master Series 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfan

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2011
US
Hi Guys,

We have used Master Series since it began. We stopped at MS11 and switched to Solid Works (not my idea). We now only use SDRC for maintenance of years worth of data.
Our IT department wants to upgrade the server we use for TDM & licensing to Windows Server 2008 R2, does anyone know if that will work? Will Ideas itself run on this OS, as we
have several users that have Windows 7 PC's do a remote login to the server and run the program?

Thanks,

Dave Stevens
Lasko Products
610-692-7400 x336

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A better question is whether you are still fully on maintenance contract, in order to change licensing to a new license server. Its been my understanding for many software including I-DEAS that once you quit paying maintenance for the set of licenses you are running, you'd have to pay back maintenance to get the new license file. I'd would be cheaper to pay for brand new I-DEAS licenses, i.e. NX-I 8.5) than paying maintenance for years since I-DEAS 11. SolidWorks for FEA modeling/preprocessing pales in comparison to I-DEAS. Its graphics and 3D modeling are slick, but its so much more difficult to create single parts with multiple volumes for meshing -- without resorting to assemblies. Being able to create and display multiple parts on the screen (for reference geometry, or boolean operations) in I-DEAS is a significant advantage not recognized by CAD vendors. Analysts are not designers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back